ANS National Meetings
In addition to the ANS Student Conference, ANS holds an Annual Meeting in June and a Winter Meeting in November. These two conferences are an excellent opportunity for students to engage in professional development and present research. ANS also holds a number of topical meetings throughout the year. In most cases, special opportunities are available for students to attend and participate. Be sure to check the meetings calendar for more information.
If you are an ANS Student Member (Join Now), you will be eligible to offset your travel costs and get your registration costs reimbursed by registering for the Student Program (sample program here). This program requires a minimal amount of volunteer work, typically helping out with technical sessions, and participation in exchange for the travel funding and free registration. The link to sign up will always be on the meetings page.
More ways to get involved:
- Find a Professional Division that interests you and attend their meeting. All are welcome and students in particular are encouraged to attend.
- Get involved in society governance by attending a committee meeting. Make sure you check out the Student Sections Committee meeting too, always held Monday night from 6-8pm.
- Submit a paper to the Student Design Competition. The finalists receive funding to help them travel to the ANS Winter Meeting each year to present their work.
- Apply for the Innovations in Fuel Cycle Research Award which supports travel to the ANS Winter Meeting for the 1st place winners in each category.
- Meet other students and catch up with old friends at the Student Mixer, typically held after the SSC meeting on Monday night! Details will be advertised closer to each meeting.