The Student Sections Committee (formerly
the Student Activities Committee and
Student Branches Committee) serves to
represent the student members of the
American Nuclear Society and their Student
Sections. The SSC promotes the
participation of students within the
Society and facilitates communication
between the Student Branches, their
members, and ANS National.
Major Duties of the SSC:
- Select hosts for the national student conferences and promote these events.
- Coordinate and promote student participation in ANS national conferences.
- Approve the nomination of student representatives to run for Student Director on the ANS Board of Directors
- Coordinate and facilitate student participation in ANS national meetings.
- Establish and maintain communication with and among student sections.
Current SSC Projects:
- Creation of a Faculty Advisor Handbook
- Develop and maintain ANS Student Newsletter
- Review Bylaws & Rules for Student Director Position
- Maintain/update Guidelines for Judging Student Presentations
- Develop a regularly occurring technical program for students at national meetings.
Structure and Organization: