- Select hosts for the national student conferences and promote these events.
- Coordinate and facilitate student participation in ANS national conferences.
- Approve the nomination of student representatives to run for Student Director on the ANS Board of Directors
- Establish and maintain communication with and among student sections.
- Ensure the well being of ANS students nationally
The 2018 ANS Student Conference, Nuclear Equality in Policy, Energy Access, & Within the Engineering Community, will be held at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, April 5th-7th. Check out their website!
2017 ANS Annual Meeting: Innovating Nuclear Power
San Francisco, CA, June 11-15, 2017
Monday, June 12, 6-8 pm, Concourse D
Follow us on Social Media!
- Note the following important deadlines for your student section reports. An Annual Report must be submitted to maintain Good Standing!
- The website for the 2018 Student Conference, Nuclear Equality in Policy, Energy Access, & Within the Engineering Community, is now live. Mark your calendars for Apr 5th-7th, 2018.
- Check out the new Featured Outreach page for activities other sections are putting on. Submit your ideas to the SSC, and they may be featured on our website!
- Thank you everyone for attending the 2017 Student Conference, and to the University of Pittsburgh Student Section for a fantastic weekend!
- The ANS Annual meeting will be June 11th-15th in San Francisco, CA.
- The Student Program is open now. Sign up early, as space is limited! This will be done as part of the conference registration process.
- The SSC Meeting will be held from 6-8 pm, Monday, June 12th, in Executive D. All are welcome!
- Female ANS Student Members are invited to apply for travel funding from the Professional Women in ANS (PWANS) for up to $550 to cover travel, hotel, and meal expenses. Applications are due May 15th.
- Students, consider presenting a poster at the 13th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Applications of Accelerators. Best Poster prizes and Travel Grants are available. Abstracts are due by April 24th.
- Applications for the Nuclear Engineering Student Delegation have been extended through April 30th.
Please see the above “Additional Opportunities” tab for more programs of interest and funding opportunities for students with an interest in nuclear science, engineering, and policy.