The Student Sections Committee (formerly the Student Activities Committee and Student Branches Committee) serves to represent the student members of the American Nuclear Society and their Student Sections. The SSC promotes the participation of students within the Society and facilitates communication between the Student Sections, their members, and ANS National.
- Select hosts for the national student conferences and promote these events.
- Coordinate and facilitate student participation in ANS national conferences.
- Approve the nomination of student representatives to run for Student Director on the ANS Board of Directors
- Establish and maintain communication with and among student sections.
- Ensure the well being of ANS students nationally
The 2019 ANS Student Conference will be held at the Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia, April 4th-6th. Keep visiting their website for updates!
2018 ANS Winter Meeting and Nuclear Technology Expo: Joining Forces to Advance Nuclear
November 11-15, 2018
2019 ANS Student Conference
Hosted by the Virginia Commonwealth University
April 4-6, 2019
2019 ANS Annual Meeting
June 9-13, 2019
Follow us on Social Media!
- Register now for the Winter Meeting, November 11th-15th, 2019 in Orlando, FL!
- Registration for the Student Program is now open. There is a participation cap of 75 so register now!
- The 2019 Student Conference hosted by Virginia Commonwealth University will be held April 4th-6th, 2019.
- Congratulations to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Student Section as recipients of the 2017-2018 Samuel Glasstone Award!
- Glasstone Award submissions are due May 1st, 2019. Annual Reports are due May 15th, 2019.
- Look out for when the Service and Leadership Commendations open up! Nominations are due March 1st, 2019.
- The ANS Scholarship applications for the 2019-2020 academic year will go online November 15th. The deadline for the General Undergraduate and Graduate Application and all Named scholarships is February 1, 2019. The Incoming Freshman Scholarship and Two-Year College Scholarships have until April 1 to complete their applications.
- Check out the new Featured Outreach page for activities other sections are putting on. Submit your ideas to the SSC, and they may be featured on our website!