The Student Sections Committee (formerly the Student Activities Committee and Student Branches Committee) serves to represent the student members of the American Nuclear Society and their Student Sections. The SSC promotes the participation of students within the Society and facilitates communication between the Student Sections, their members, and ANS National.
- Select hosts for the national student conferences and promote these events.
- Coordinate and facilitate student participation in ANS national conferences.
- Approve the nomination of student representatives to run for Student Director on the ANS Board of Directors
- Establish and maintain communication with and among student sections.
- Ensure the well being of ANS students nationally
The 2020 ANS Student Conference will be held at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC, March 26-28.
Keep visiting their website for updates!
- The 2020 Student Conference will be hosted by North Carolina State University March 26-28, 2020 in Raleigh, NC.
- Commendations for Service and Leadership Awards nominations are due March 1.
- Glasstone Award submissions are due May 1. Annual Reports are due May 15.
- Check out the new Featured Outreach page for activities other sections are putting on. Submit your ideas to the SSC, and they may be featured on our website!
- Register now for the ANS Annual Meeting, June 7-11 in Phoenix, AZ.
- Participation in the Student Program allows for members to have their registration reimbursed and earn a travel assistance. Learn more..