- Select hosts for the national student conferences and promote these events.
- Coordinate and facilitate student participation in ANS national conferences.
- Approve the nomination of student representatives to run for Student Director on the ANS Board of Directors
- Establish and maintain communication with and among student sections.
- Ensure the well being of ANS students nationally
The 2018 ANS Student Conference, Nuclear Equality in Policy, Energy Access, & Within the Engineering Community, will be held at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, April 5th-7th. Check out their website!
2017 ANS Annual Meeting: Innovating Nuclear Power
San Francisco, CA, June 11-15, 2017
Monday, June 12, 6-8 pm, Concourse D
Follow us on Social Media!
- The ANS Winter meeting will be October 29th-November 2nd at the Marriot Wardman Park in Washington, DC
- The SSC Meeting is on Monday, October 30. Location is TBD. All are welcome!
- Signup for the Student Program is now open. Sign up when you register for the meeting. Space is limited!
- Signup for the Student Poster Session is also available. Submission of the abstracts or summaries is due Friday, September 29th.
- Congratulations to the University of Wisconsin-Madison Student Section as recipients of the 2016-2017 Samuel Glasstone Award!
- The 2017 updates of the Student Conference Proposal and Planning Manuals are now available.
- The website for the 2018 Student Conference, Nuclear Equality in Policy, Energy Access, & Within the Engineering Community, is now live. Mark your calendars for Apr 5th-7th, 2018.
- ANS is awarding up to $1500 to local and student sections for outreach events during Nuclear Science Week, October 16th-20th. To be considered, submit a PIA Cash Assistance Grant application before September 3, 2017.
- Please limit requests to no more than $1000. There is no minimum request.
- Check out the new Featured Outreach page for activities other sections are putting on. Submit your ideas to the SSC, and they may be featured on our website!
- Thank you everyone for attending the 2017 Student Conference, and to the University of Pittsburgh Student Section for a fantastic weekend!