2017 Student Conference
Thank you all for coming to the 2017 Student Conference
See you in Gainesville, FL in 2018
Service and Leadership Commendations
Congratulations to Kalin Kiesling and Aries Loumis!
UT-Austin Student Section at Explore UT
- Select hosts for the national student conferences and promote these events.
- Coordinate and facilitate student participation in ANS national conferences.
- Approve the nomination of student representatives to run for Student Director on the ANS Board of Directors
- Establish and maintain communication with and among student sections.
- Ensure the well being of ANS students nationally
[placeholder for logo]
The 2018 ANS Student Conference will be held at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida. Stay tuned for more details!
2017 ANS Annual Meeting: Innovating Nuclear Power
San Francisco, CA, June 11-15, 2017
Follow us on Social Media!
- Thank you everyone for attending the 2017 Student Conference, and to the University of Pittsburgh Student Section for a fantastic weekend!
- Travel assistance applications are due April 24th. Submit your section’s application ASAP!
- The ANS Annual meeting will be June 11th-15th in San Francisco, CA.
- The Student Program is open now. Sign up early, as space is limited! This will be done as part of the conference registration process.
- The SSC Meeting will be held from 6-8 pm, Monday, June 12th, in Executive D. All are welcome!
- Female ANS Student Members are invited to apply for travel funding from the Professional Women in ANS (PWANS) for up to $550 to cover travel, hotel, and meal expenses. Applications are due May 15th.
- Students, consider presenting a poster at the 13th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Applications of Accelerators. Best Poster prizes and Travel Grants are available. Abstracts are due by April 24th.
Note the following important deadlines for your student section reports:
- Applications for the Nuclear Engineering Student Delegation have been extended through April 30th.
Please see the above “Additional Opportunities” tab for more programs of interest and funding opportunities for students with an interest in nuclear science, engineering, and policy.