The Student Sections Committee (formerly the Student Activities Committee and Student Branches Committee) serves to represent the student members of the American Nuclear Society and their Student Sections. The SSC promotes the participation of students within the Society and facilitates communication between the Student Sections, their members, and ANS National.
- Select hosts for the national student conferences and promote these events.
- Coordinate and facilitate student participation in ANS national conferences.
- Approve the nomination of student representatives to run for Student Director on the ANS Board of Directors
- Establish and maintain communication with and among student sections.
- Ensure the well being of ANS students nationally
The 2020 ANS Student Conference will be held at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC, March 26-28.
Keep visiting their website for updates!
- The 2020 Student Conference will be hosted by North Carolina State University March 26-28, 2020 in Raleigh, NC.
- Register now for the Winter Meeting, November 17-21, 2019 in Washington, DC!
- Registration for the Student Program is now open. There is a participation cap of 80 so register early!
- The Young Professionals Congress is a one-day event before the 2019 Winter Meeting that focuses on professional development for early career nuclear professionals and students (see attached flyer for the events that are scheduled). This is also an opportunity for the next generation of nuclear engineers to be exposed to different career options within the nuclear industry by networking with other professionals who attend.
- Congratulations to the University of New Mexico Student Section for winning Best Section for the 2019 Samuel Glasstone Award! Second Place went to the University of Idaho, Third Place, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign and the University of Wisconsin received an Honorable Mention.
- 2020 Glasstone Award submissions are due May 1. Annual Reports are due May 15.
- The ANS Scholarship applications for the 2020-2021 academic year are open. The deadline for the ANS General Application and all Division-Administered scholarships is February 1, 2020. The Incoming Freshman Scholarship and Two-Year College Scholarships have until April 1 to complete their applications.
- Check out the new Featured Outreach page for activities other sections are putting on. Submit your ideas to the SSC, and they may be featured on our website!