The Student Sections Committee (formerly the Student Activities Committee and Student Branches Committee) serves to represent the student members of the American Nuclear Society and their Student Sections. The SSC promotes the participation of students within the Society and facilitates communication between the Student Sections, their members, and ANS National.
- Select hosts for the national student conferences and promote these events.
- Coordinate and facilitate student participation in ANS national conferences.
- Approve the nomination of student representatives to run for Student Director on the ANS Board of Directors
- Establish and maintain communication with and among student sections.
- Ensure the well being of ANS students nationally
The 2018 ANS Student Conference, Nuclear Equality in Policy, Energy Access, & Within the Engineering Community, will be held at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, April 5th-7th. Check out their website!
2017 ANS Annual Meeting: Innovating Nuclear Power
San Francisco, CA, June 11-15, 2017
Monday, June 12, 6-8 pm, Concourse D
Follow us on Social Media!
- The ANS Winter meeting will be October 29th-November 2nd at the Marriot Wardman Park in Washington, DC
- The SSC Meeting is on Monday, October 30. Location is the Harding meeting room. All are welcome!
- Section Standing has been updated for the recent year. Section Presidents should check the website to confirm your section’s status before the meeting and notify the SSC Chair ASAP if you believe there is an error.
- The ANS Scholarship applications for the 2018-2019 academic year are now online. The deadline for the General Undergraduate and Graduate Application and all Named scholarships is February 1, 2018. The Incoming Freshman Scholarship and Two-Year College Scholarships have until April 1 to complete their applications.
- The Washington Internships for Students of Engineering (WISE) Program is now accepting applications. ANS will support two national student members for this nine week program in Washington, DC learning about the intersection of technology and policy. The application deadline is December 31, 2017.
- The YMG-hosted webinar “Get to Know the Divisions I”, featuring speakers from the Accelerator Applications Division, Aerospace Nuclear Science & Technology Division, and Fusion Energy Division will be publicly available on the YMG website shortly.
- The website for the 2018 Student Conference, Nuclear Equality in Policy, Energy Access, & Within the Engineering Community, is now live. Mark your calendars for Apr 5th-7th, 2018.
- Congratulations to the University of Wisconsin-Madison Student Section as recipients of the 2016-2017 Samuel Glasstone Award!
- Check out the new Featured Outreach page for activities other sections are putting on. Submit your ideas to the SSC, and they may be featured on our website!